Sunday, February 27, 2011

Westchester Weekends: Grand Prix NY

Hello Sunday!  Oh, how we love you.

Time again for another serving of fab finds from Westchester County!  Bill and I recently hit up Grand Prix NY up in Mt. Kisco to have a little racing fun.  It is a facility that is set up with go-cart racetracks galore, games, and a restaurant to boot.  It's meant for kids and for adults, and trust me when I say, this is not your average arcade.

We arrived and filled out all the necessary information, then signed up for the next available race.  It was a little pricey at $35 each*, but for full access to the facility, and the awesomeness of the race we were about to experience, it was worth it!  We started out by watching a training video, then headed to the changing room to done the appropriate gear:

Bill was looking dashing, as usual...

Then it was off to the races!  Before we hopped in, we were told that the carts can reach speeds of 40mph.  Crazy talk!!  For a girl who's scared to kick it to top speed in Mario Kart, 40mph sounded completely death-defying.  Once I put the pedal to the metal though, it was on!  Innnntense.


Those babies could move.  I figured I had to have been going at least 70mph the whole time.  But, after finding out I came in 8th out of 10, I doubt I even hit 10mph....  Bill, however, was a racing fiend!  He placed 4th.  So, we didn't take home any gold medals, but at least we didn't come in last!  And that's good enough for me.  

Check 'em out!

33 North Bedford Road
Mt. Kisco, NY 10549

Eat well!
Melt

*On their website it looks like the prices vary based on day of the week and membership status, so I am sure there are less expensive options!

No comments:

Post a Comment

window.setTimeout(function() { document.body.className = document.body.className.replace('loading', ''); }, 10);