Sunday, February 20, 2011

Westchester Weekends: Captain Lawrence

It’s the weekend once again!  So it’s time to bring you another fab find from wonderful Westchester County.  This weekend, Bill and I headed up to Captain Lawrence Brewing Company in Pleasantville.  We had first heard of Captain Lawrence a few years ago after moving down from Mystic, Connecticut.  In Mystic, Cottrell is the reigning champ of local beers, but unfortunately not widely available in other areas.  So Bill had to find a new local brew to fill the void.  Once we discovered Captain Lawrence, he was hooked!  I have to admit, I'm not a beer drinker myself, but even I enjoyed this one.  As soon as we heard it was only a short drive from White Plains, we had to check it out. 


We walked in the door of the tasting room which was so packed I had to break out my stealth maneuvering skills just to get inside.  It was no wonder why either... free samples galore!  Any of their 5 brews on tap were up for grabs.

We tasted one of each, their IPA, 'Espresso Stout', 'Freshchester', their seasonal 'Winter Rye', and my personal favorite, 'Liquid Gold'.


After choosing our faves, it was time for buying.  And the best part? They bottle it up right there.
  
I think I'm hooked!  Which is quite an accomplishment for this non-beer lover.  If we ever add beer to our Melt repertoire, you know which one will be first on the list! 

99 Castleton Street
Pleasantville, NY
Tastings offered Fridays, 4pm - 7pm, and Saturdays, 12pm to 6pm

Eat well!
Melt

No comments:

Post a Comment

window.setTimeout(function() { document.body.className = document.body.className.replace('loading', ''); }, 10);