Thursday, February 10, 2011

Standing Up, Moving Forward

He's always standing, this husband of mine.  The whole day, he never sits.  On the rare occasion he does grab a chair, one foot will stay firmly planted on the ground with the other ready to spring up at a moments notice.  That's just how he does it.  To him, it's normal.  Why sit when there's so much to be standing for?

He's always moving, this husband of mine.  Moving forward even more towards a positive outlook on life, on his relationships with others, and on everything around him; he never slows down.  I consider myself an optimist, but Bill takes optimism to a whole new level.  Today after we finished putting together the daily soups I glanced over to the stove and saw something boiling away.

Wait, we already had our soups for the day.  I had seen him finishing them up earlier.  Our menu technically only calls for one daily soup and as it was he had made three.  Was he really adding one more?

"Well, one of our regulars called earlier.  He's super sick," he said, "So I'm making him chicken soup.  I have a little extra time right now and it should help him feel better."

Always moving.

From 5am to 11am Bill has already put in a full day of work before the lunch hour even starts, and he's still pushing to do more.  He never stops.  And this inspires me for everything in my own life.  His love of what he does makes me work harder and push myself further without even realizing it.  He has such a passion for not only his job but for his life, which motivates all of us here at Melt to constantly work harder.  To be better.  It is a goal most people, including myself, consciously strive for for on a daily basis.  With Bill, it just is who he is.  Living this adventure together with him is something I don't ever take for granted as I watch him stand up and move forward in this business and in this life. Every day.

5 comments:

window.setTimeout(function() { document.body.className = document.body.className.replace('loading', ''); }, 10);