Monday, March 21, 2011

Westchester Weekends: Chocolations

First, I have to tell you a secret.  About me.  It's not pretty, but it's true.  It's about my addiction...

...to chocolate.  I don't just like chocolate, I love chocolate.  But really, love doesn't adequately describe my feelings for chocolate.  I love chocolate so much that I truly can not remember a single day in my life where I have gone without eating it.  Yea... I told you it wasn't pretty.

Phew!  That was tough.  But, now that that's out there, you can only imagine how I felt when I heard of a store in Westchester called "Chocolations"... instant googly eyes, weak knees, uncontrolled drooling... again, not pretty, but true.  I heard about Chocolations through the Twitter grapevine a while back, and after one look at pictures of their delicious treats frequently posted on their Facebook page, I knew it was my kind of place!

I had been dying to get down there for quite some time, and this weekend I finally made it.   Man was I happy I did!  As soon as I walked in the door, it smelt like I would imagine Heaven being like.  Chocolate Heaven.

Their shelves were stocked with everything from white chocolate to milk chocolate to dark chocolate, covering any delicious thing you could think of.  From marshmallows to pretzels to popcorn, you name it, they had it!  Coated in chocolate, no less.  I picked out a few handmade chocolate covered oreos for around $1 each.
Just as I expected.... they were amazing.  The shelves were also full of seasonal items galore, from St. Patty's day to Easter to Baseball, there was a chocolate treat to match!
As I made my way to the back of the store, it only got better because that is where they had the candy by the pound.  I probably would have bought at least 10lbs if I didn't think Bill would be a little concerned upon my return.  Fortunately (or unfortunately for me), logic set in and I decided a 1/4 pound would be enough.
Good thing I listened logic too, because my jeans wouldn't have had much chance of fitting today if I hadn't.  These were gone no more than 30 seconds after we opened the box.  If you look closely, you might even be able to see Bill trying to sneak one away ;)

Whether it is for a special occasion, a holiday, a gift, or even a no-reason delicious treat on any day of the week, Chocolations is definitely the place to go!  Check them out!  Just like me, you'll be happy you did. 

607 East Boston Post Road
Mamaroneck, NY 10543

Eat well!
Melt

No comments:

Post a Comment

window.setTimeout(function() { document.body.className = document.body.className.replace('loading', ''); }, 10);